Financial Assistance

Who to contact if you need advice
If you are finding your current financial situation a struggle or you feel you need to speak to someone about your finances, you can contact any one of the following organisations.

They can all offer you free, impartial advice on your finances and may even be able to help you with a debt management plan. Just let us know that you are dealing with one of these organisations and we will support you by giving you time and space to get the help you need.

StepChange Debt Charity (formally CCCS) - you can call them on their Freephone number 0800 138 1111 (which is even free of charge for mobiles), or you can use their website

Christians against Poverty (CAP) - CAP have centres across the UK that are there to offer you face-to-face advice and can also send you a Self Help pack, as well as offering an online budget worksheet. To find out more or locate your closest centre visit their website

My Money Steps - this is a free online debt service from the National Debtline. They provide free, independent practical advice about your finances. Visit them at or you can contact the National Debtline on Freephone 0808 808 4000.

If you would rather speak to someone face to face, you can always contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau.